New models text on meta
Austin Hair
2011-03-05 10:56:09 UTC
Hi guys,

As agreed at yesterday's meeting[0], I moved the "new groups" text[1]
to meta yesterday, and this morning finished summarizing the questions
brought up in the previous thread[2]. Several people also made some
rather insightful comments in that thread, and I think they deserve
re-stating, but I'm not going to try to put words in people's
mouths—particularly words said on a private list.

Would everyone please take a look at [1] and add your thoughts?

Austin

[0] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project/Working_group_meeting_2011-3-4
[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project/New_groups
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project/New_groups#Questions
Jon Huggett
2011-03-05 14:42:14 UTC
Hi Austin

Great to see this. Is this page on 'New groups' meant to replace the page 'groups' [4] or should we keep both?

Cheers

Jon

[4] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles/groups
Jon Huggett
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
jon-***@public.gmane.org
www.huggett.com
Skype jon.huggett
Galileo Vidoni
2011-03-05 16:00:54 UTC
I think we should keep both for the moment. Theo's text has more to do with
a general definition of groups (that can be linked also with the roles
matrix) than with new groups in particular, IMO.

Thanks Austin!

Best,
galio
Post by Jon Huggett
Hi Austin
Great to see this. Is this page on 'New groups' meant to replace the page
'groups' [4] or should we keep both?
Cheers
Jon
[4] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles/groups
*Jon Huggett*
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
*www.huggett.com*
Skype jon.huggett
Theo10011
2011-03-05 16:21:21 UTC
Hi

I made some minor changes, moved a couple of things around. I agree with
Galio my classification and the new groups model are two separate things,
they should not be inter-changeable.

who is planning on announcing it on the mailing lists?

Theo
Austin Hair
2011-03-05 16:44:30 UTC
Post by Theo10011
who is planning on announcing it on the mailing lists?
At yesterday's meeting it was generally agreed that we should release
it after giving everyone 24 hours to weigh in and incorporate their
comments; I can do this, but I'll give Galio first shot if he wants to
do it.

Austin
Austin Hair
2011-03-05 16:51:17 UTC
Great to see this.  Is this page on 'New groups' meant to replace the page
'groups' [4] or should we keep both?
Cheers
Jon
[4] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles/groups
Both pages are clearly related, and should eventually be folded into a
more coherent structure, but for the time being I think they should be
kept separate.

Unfortunately, they're both extremely vaguely named, so there's bound
to be confusion. Perhaps one or both should be moved to more specific
titles?

Austin
Alice Wiegand
2011-03-05 22:05:08 UTC
Post by Austin Hair
Unfortunately, they're both extremely vaguely named, so there's bound
to be confusion. Perhaps one or both should be moved to more specific
titles?
another possibility is to link to each other with a short explanation
of the context.

Regards, Alice.