Wikimania is 2 months away
Abbas Mahmood
2011-05-30 13:43:56 UTC
Greetings,
Why are we so quiet? Aren't we supposed to work on the charter before August, for Wikimania? It's just 2 months away...
--Abbas.
Theo10011
2011-05-30 14:06:02 UTC
Hi Abbas

Sj and Jon have been constantly adding pages and important information on
Meta. If anyone wants to do an IRC meeting to talk about the new work, I'm
all for it.

Salmaan
(Theo10011)
Jon Huggett
2011-05-30 14:11:45 UTC
Good point, Abbas. The charter has been untouched by human fingers for nearly three weeks.

SJ, should we gather on #wikimedia_roles soon?

FYI, for anyone that is interested, I added a new page on learning from peer models:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_working_group/Learnings_from_peer_organizations/Models

Jon
Jon Huggett
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
jon-***@public.gmane.org
www.huggett.com
Skype jon.huggett
Samuel Klein
2011-05-30 15:46:37 UTC
Jon: yes!
Post by Abbas Mahmood
Aren't we supposed to work on the charter before August, for Wikimania?
Indeed. :) We need to revise a draft text that we can propose to
chapters and to foundation-l for discussion by the end of this month.
This is a good time to work on that.

I've moved the draft topics to the MRP charter page so that we can
edit in earnest, replacing notes and bullets with something more
readable:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project/charter

Can everyone choose one of the sections here and work to improve it?

I'm basically done working on new models, so I will tackle "Types of
Wikimedia groups and entities covered by this charter" .

SJ
Bishakha Datta
2011-06-02 07:27:49 UTC
Post by Samuel Klein
Jon: yes!
Post by Abbas Mahmood
Aren't we supposed to work on the charter before August, for Wikimania?
Indeed. :) We need to revise a draft text that we can propose to
chapters and to foundation-l for discussion by the end of this month.
This is a good time to work on that.
I've moved the draft topics to the MRP charter page so that we can
edit in earnest, replacing notes and bullets with something more
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project/charter
Can everyone choose one of the sections here and work to improve it?
Just started adding comments to the talk page, more to come.
Looking forward to the IRC chat: do we have an agenda? I'd like to discuss
how we're moving forward from here till the end of this month, when we
propose the draft text.

Cheers
Bishakha