Meeting: 1730 UTC Feb 12 (and chat on Feb 2)
Samuel Klein
2012-02-01 20:42:09 UTC
As all respondents to the Doodle can make it then, our next meeting
will be on 1530 UTC on Sunday Feb 12, in #movement-roles on freenode.

Those who are around may want to come to IRC tomorrow at the same time
(1530'1630 UTC), at least joan, lodewijk and I should be free then.

SJ
Lodewijk
2012-02-01 20:46:36 UTC
Hi Samuel,

I will likely not be there tomorrow then. You suggested 15:30 and 18:30 CET
before (at least that is what the doodle says to me), which is UTC 14:30
and 17:30. I could make the 17:30 with a bit of trouble, but not the 14:30.
That is in the middle of a working day and I can't just walk out at this
moment.

Best,

Lodewijk
Samuel Klein
2012-02-02 00:38:57 UTC
Sorry, the time in the Subject line is correct, I just mistyped in the body:

The meeting time that works for everyone so far is * 1730 UTC * on
Sunday Feb 12.

(and I will be on IRC tomorrow at the same time, 1730 UTC.)

S.
Samuel Klein
2012-02-12 17:39:18 UTC
A reminder: we are meeting now in #wikimedia-roles in freenode. SJ
Bence Damokos
2012-02-12 21:34:56 UTC
Hi SJ,

Sorry I missed the chat, our board meeting overran the originally planned
time. Are the transcripts posted anywhere?

Thanks,
Bence
Galileo Vidoni

Samuel Klein
2012-02-13 00:41:22 UTC
I hope all alternate meetings went well! Bishakha took summary minutes.
I'm ok with posting transcripts if there are no objections.

Attendees:
Alice Wiegand, Anirudh Bhati, Asaf Bartov, Abbas Mahmood, Aude
(Katie), Arne Klempert,
Bishakha Datta, Jan Eissfeldt, Joan Goma, Lodewijk Gelauf, SJ Klein, Solstag,
MzMcbride (lurking), Phoebe Ayers (at the end)

We reported a summary from the board discussion:
- the plan going forward for new models and the affiliations committee
(public discussion from now for a month; Board decision before Berlin)
- accountability standards and committee standards are being reviewed
by the Board for voting this month
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_affiliation_models
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Draft_Committee_Standards
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Audit_committee/Draft_Accountability_standards

We proposed to wrap up this phase of MR work after Berlin, draw a line
under the work of this group, and suggest paths forward for dealing
with movement roles.

Much of the meeting revolved around how to wrap up this phase of the
work by the end of March (i.e. the work that we are not taking forward
right now).

There was some discussion about new models after the meeting ended.
The substantive discussion should move to meta; those pages will be
announced later today.

We agreed on these steps:
1. Engage in the new models and standards discussions on meta.
- Identify concerns with the new models framework
2. Communicate what came out of our work
- Summarize important MR work, and organize an overview linking to
them (probably the MR main page)
3. Indicate a path for the future
- Identify clusters of open topics to be carried forward, and parallel
work taking place today.
- Create a future roadmap, showing what group is responsible for
working on each parts and follow-up area
Theo10011
2012-02-13 00:42:51 UTC
Hi

I'm sorry I missed it too. I was sick all night, and fell asleep a couple
of hours before the meeting.

Sorry Sj.

Regards
Theo
Hi,
Samuel Klein
2012-02-13 00:56:09 UTC
No worries Theo. I hope you are better soon!
Can you share your thoughts about new models on the meta talk page?

I know you mentioned some concerns about how the draft text (expanding
chapcom rather than creating a separate body) differs from some of the
language our group used. I think all those issues can be addressed,
or the implementation fixed, but it would be good to have that
discussion publicly.

SJ
Hi
I'm sorry I missed it too. I was sick all night, and fell asleep a couple of
hours before the meeting.
Sorry Sj.
Regards
Theo
Hi,
Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266
Alice Wiegand
2012-02-15 19:46:47 UTC
Hi all,
wouldn't it be helpful, not only for Theo and Galileo, but also for
those who joined and all the others who are talking about movement
roles, to publish the log of the meeting on meta? I propose to just do
it if there's no objection within the next 24 hours.

Best, Alice.
Lodewijk

Alice Wiegand
2012-02-15 22:34:32 UTC
Post by Lodewijk
no objection from me - just please remove IP's etc. of people joining.
Sure.
Alice.
Samuel Klein
2012-02-16 22:44:36 UTC
Post by Lodewijk
no objection from me - just please remove IP's etc. of people joining.
Done.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Movement_roles#Minutes_and_transcript