Further discussion
Theo10011
2011-04-25 14:28:36 UTC
Hi everyone

I just wanted to check, I recall we mentioned a date after easter Sunday to
check in where everybody is. Are we still scheduled for a discussion or a
meeting?

Thanks

Theo
Lodewijk
2011-04-25 15:21:30 UTC

I had something with pencil in my agenda for Tuesday afternoon (European
time) - but no clear time. Since there was no reminder of the exact time, I
have not been able to move around work and class schedule, so at this point
I cannot confirm whether or not I will be able to make it.

As a sidenote, I have been looking for the meeting notes of the Sunday
meeting of the Chapters Meeting in Berlin (usually at moments with little
time before leaving on a train trip without internet) but have been unable
to locate those. If someone has them, could they add them to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project ? I realize this is no
excuse for my inactivity, so my sincere apologies for that.

Lodewijk
Joan Goma
Jon Huggett
2011-04-25 22:59:24 UTC
Hi all. In Berlin we did say that we would talk at 1500 UTC tomorrow, 26th April. I've tried to contact SJ about the agenda, but not been able to reach him. I still have the time in my calendar, and could talk then, for example on IRC. Would others still be available then and be able to talk? Cheers, Jon
Jon Huggett
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
jon-***@public.gmane.org
www.huggett.com
Skype jon.huggett
Bishakha Datta
2011-04-26 04:38:31 UTC
At this stage, it's tough for me to undo other plans and be available at
1500 UTC today - would have made myself available had I known earlier.

Either way, Jon, do let's fix a time for an update and moving forward...I
feel like there's been a bit of a lull after Berlin. Which was initially
fine, but now it's almost a month since then, so we may need to pick up the
pace again (if we want to meet our goals for wikimania etc).

Cheers
Bishakha
Post by Jon Huggett
Hi all. In Berlin we did say that we would talk at 1500 UTC tomorrow, 26th
April. I've tried to contact SJ about the agenda, but not been able to
reach him. I still have the time in my calendar, and could talk then, for
example on IRC. Would others still be available then and be able to talk?
Cheers, Jon
*Jon Huggett*
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
*www.huggett.com*
Skype jon.huggett
In my agenda I have scheduled a meeting for tomorrow at 17h ECT. I remember
I did the calculation from UTC but I don't remember where the meeting time
was announced.
Hi,
Austin Hair
2011-04-26 10:01:25 UTC
Hi all.  In Berlin we did say that we would talk at 1500 UTC tomorrow, 26th
April.  I've tried to contact SJ about the agenda, but not been able to
reach him.  I still have the time in my calendar, and could talk then, for
example on IRC.  Would others still be available then and be able to talk?
I had this on my calendar as a deadline, but indeed, it seems that
some of us didn't have a concrete meeting time in mind.

Since a few people have already said that they can't make it, perhaps
we can reschedule for this weekend? (And now that we're all feeling
sheepish about not getting things done, perhaps we can use the next
few days to focus and plow through a few things.)

Austin
Jon Huggett
2011-04-26 10:53:54 UTC
Good thinking, Austin. Will you coordinate a time for us all to connect? Cheers, Jon
Jon Huggett
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
jon-***@public.gmane.org
www.huggett.com
Skype jon.huggett
Joan Goma
2011-05-03 08:27:48 UTC
I have translated to English the results of the working group in Catalan
Wikipedia. Sorry for my English. Changing the title to “redesigning
wikimedia” has brought a lot of creativity. I hope you will find interesting
some of the ideas cast there.

You can find it here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Movement_roles_project/Current_players_and_their_roles#Other_groups_not_recognized_as_Chapters
Jon Huggett
2011-05-03 14:34:57 UTC
Thanks, Joan. This is great to read. I've taken the liberty of linking it to the MR page on meta. I like the ideas that it has sparked! Jon

Jon Huggett
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
jon-***@public.gmane.org
www.huggett.com
Skype jon.huggett
I have translated to English the results of the working group in Catalan Wikipedia. Sorry for my English. Changing the title to “redesigning wikimedia” has brought a lot of creativity. I hope you will find interesting some of the ideas cast there.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Movement_roles_project/Current_players_and_their_roles#Other_groups_not_recognized_as_Chapters _______________________________________________
Movementroles mailing list
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/movementroles
Joan Goma

Jon Huggett
2011-05-03 21:44:22 UTC
Great. Thanks for the catch.
Jon Huggett
+44-795-278-0688
+1-415-465-2700
jon-***@public.gmane.org
www.huggett.com
Skype jon.huggett
effe iets anders
2011-05-12 14:50:53 UTC
Hi Joan,

thanks for all the work, it is enlightening how some things are clear and
others not. I have gone through the factual material, and provided
clarification/improvements where appropriate.

Hopefully we can use this to continue working on MR, and push it a bit
further. At the same time, I think it would be excellent to think with more
groups of people with diverse backgrounds about this kind of issues.

With kind regards,

Lodewijk
Post by Jon Huggett
Great. Thanks for the catch.